Current Job Vacancies
Part-time Tax Accountant
Bayside location - Birkdale
Flexible, part-time role
15 hours per week
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Tax Accountant looking to progress their career, whilst enjoying the lifestyle benefits of a part-time role. Work either two or three days a week to suit your schedule. Professional development opportunities are provided, as well as opportunities to update your skills and tax knowledge. Remuneration for this role will be dependent on experience.
Reporting to the Director, you will be responsible for:
• Preparation of tax returns and financial statements for business and investment structures for individuals, companies, trusts and partnerships
• Preparation of business activity statements and instalment activity statements
• End of quarter and monthly accounting, reporting and variance analysis
• Preparation of taxation planning reviews
• Liaising with ATO and various stakeholders on behalf of clients
As a company committed to delivering quality work and fostering long term client relationships, the successful candidate must possess excellent attention to detail, strong time management skills and exceptional customer service skills.
To be considered for this role, you will also:
• Have three to five years recent tax and business services experience in an Australian public practice accounting firm.
• Be degree qualified with a Bachelor of Business, majoring in Accounting.
• Will have completed or near completion of CA or CPA qualifications.
• Proficient in Xero and Microsoft Office. Experience in MYOB AccountRight and QuickBooks Online optional.
• Have exposure to cloud-based technology including Xero Practice Manager, BGL SF360 and Microsoft Office 365 (SharePoint).
Prior experience or exposure to SMSF will be highly regarded but is not essential.
Opportunities such as these are rare, so if you are looking to grow your career in a progressive accounting firm without compromising your lifestyle, apply today with a résumé and cover letter to be considered for the opportunity.
Only short-list candidates will be contacted.
No agencies please.